What is a Blog? Where do you start?
How Do You Blog?
Those are a few questions you need to get answered before you start your own blog.
This is a short list of tips on blogging for beginners. It is just a start and I will post a lot more on this topic in the future.
Blogging is really common nowadays. Almost everyone from all age brackets has a blog or at least visited one in the past few months. If you have a blog, you may have only a few casual readers and even fewer followers. Getting tips on how to blog can help you generate more traffic to your blog.
The number of blogs now keep growing and growing. There are millions of blogs all looking for attention, and so many other blogs have content just like yours. It can take a great deal of work in order for you to get loyal readers.
If you don’t have a blog, you firs need to set one up. It can be done for free on many different places online. However, I recommend that you are using wordpress self hosted blog platform (http://www.wordpress.org) and host the blog yourself if you are serious about blogging. (Note: There is a difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org and only the second one is self hosted).
When you host your blog yourself you will then have control over your own content and no one can try to shut you down or take you out because of what you are writing. Hosting a blog does not need too cost a lot of money. For less than 10 dollars per month you can be up and running very quickly. See my recommended tools page if you want more specific tips on which services to use.
- When your blog is setup, you need to fill it with content and get readers. Choose a topic that excites you, that you are passionate about and have some knowledge related to (you don’t need to be an expert when you start, you can learn along the way if you so desire)
- First thing you got to do to have more readers is to write good content. If readers see that your content is boring, the will never want to go back to your site again.
- You do not need to be a good writer to know how to blog well. All you need is content that is interesting and appealing to your audiences. If you have more readers, they will link your blog to other people they know to share what they have just read from you. This will lead to more visitors and hopefully also more permanent readers of your blog.
- Blogging is revolutionary in the sense that it allows readers and other bloggers to post comments to your blog entries. Leaving comments open allows other people to interact with you. Your blog will be more living.
- People do not want websites that are just static. Getting them to comment on your site is one way of expressing that you want to listen to what they have to say.
- If you find it hard to promote your own blog, it is also possible to post on a well known blog as a guest poster then link back to your site. Their loyal readers might be interested in your content and maybe even take a look at your site. (this is a little bit more advanced, when you already have some content of your own)
- Become a part of a Tribe. A social media tribe can help you tremendously to get more traffic and readers to your blog in a short period of time. (Learn more about tribes in other posts here on my blog). As you know, I have a tribe and what we have created together is FAR beyond what anyone of us could have accomplished by ourselves in the same amount of time.
- Learning how to blog effectively can give your blog a much wider reader base.
So, if you don’t have a blog yet you should start by going to wordpress.org and get one TODAY.
To Your Success,
PS. Please tell me what you think about this post by leaving a comment below. I appreciate you for that!